Thank you for visiting again this morning !
It certainly has been an interesting weather around here. With heatwave in long summer days and just today we receive rain drops for the first time ! Instead of enjoying our outdoors elsewhere, we decided to add some more edible fruit and herbal plants in our garden: Chocolate Mints and Tomatoes.
Did you know that Mints have more Health Benefits than just on Ice Cream ?
Yes, indeed. I love that minty taste on my Ice Creams, on my favorite Teas … as well as on my cakes. But did you know that Mints are rich with many vitamins than just a pretty thing on your favorite drinks and snacks? Mint is rich in Vitamins A and C and also contains smaller amounts of Vitamin B2. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant and may help to decrease the risk of certain cancers such as colon and rectal cancer.
Health & Medicinal Benefits of Mints
For as long as I can remember, my Mom always tells me that Mint has always been used medicinally to aid digestion and relieve indigestion. She is absolutely right! But here are some more Health Benefits we all can appreciate from Mints:
The chemical compound menthol, which is obtained from peppermint oil, is well known for its healing properties on the chest and respiratory system.
Mint is also said and in many cases proven to:
- Relieve symptoms of indigestion, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome by relaxing the muscles in and around the intestine.
- Has a powerful antioxidant, protecting the body against the formation of cancerous cells.
- Inhibit the growth of many different types of bacteria and fungus.
- Helps with nasal allergies.
- Ease and unblock the breathing and respiratory passages and airways.
- Relieves the symptoms of colds and flu.
- Relieve congestion, head colds and headaches.
- Has mild sedative and has calming properties.
- Relieve minor aches and pains such as muscle cramps and sprains.
- Provides a cooling sensation to the skin and can help to treat minor burns, itching and skin irritations.
- As cleanser for the blood.
- Mint tea can help clear up skin disorders such as acne.
- Combat bad breath.
Herbal Plants are good for you !
Some of my favorite collections around the house: SAGE, BASIL, and MINTS ! Awesome herbs just to have nearby when you are cooking your favorite foods. Thank you for allowing me to share my Survival Gardening today …
Herbal Plants: Chocolate Mints and SAGE !
All Photos Courtesy: Blog@NickyDare